UPSC CDS Syllabus 2018
Are you going to attend Combined Defence Services Exam II? If yes then you need to check latest UPSC CDS Syllabus 2018 from here. Through UPSC CDS 2 Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2018 appearing aspirants may start preparing to attend Combined Defence Services Exam II easily. So below we are giving all the UPSC CDS Study Martial for those applicants who are going to appear in the examination.
UPSC CDS II Exam Pattern 2018
Union Public Service Commission is going to organize Combined Defence Services Exam II on 18th November 2018. Through this examination, the organization is going to recruit 414 eligible candidates for OTA, IMA, AFA Course. So, all the appearing job finders should download PDF of UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam II Exam Pattern 2018 from here or the official website of the UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in. Candidates should start preparation as per the provided below UPSC CDS Syllabus 2018 to get success in the CDS II Paper with more marks easily.
www.upsc.gov.in DCS Syllabus 2018
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Page Information||UPSC CDS Syllabus 2018|
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Services Exam|
|Total Vacancies||414 Posts|
|Recruitment Category||Central Government Jobs|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Admit Card Releasing Date||November 2018|
|CDS II Exam Date||18th November 2018|
UPSC Vacancy 2018 Through CDS 2
|Post Details||Vacancy Details|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 147th (DE) Course Commencing in July 2019. (Including 13 post reserved for NCC holders)||100|
|Officer Training Academy, Chennai – 110th SSC men Course Commencing in October 2019. (Including 50 post reserved for NCC holders)||225|
|Officer Training Academy, Chennai – 24th SSC Women Course Commencing in October 2019.||12|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – Course Commencing in July 2019 Executive (General Service) Hydro (Including 06 Posts reserved for NCC )||45|
|Airforce Academy, Hyderabad – (Pre-Flying) Training Course Commencing in July 2019. (Including 03post reserved for NCC holders)||32|
- Written Test
- Medical Standards
UPSC CDS 1 2, Syllabus
UPSC CDS Paper I Syllabus 2018
UPSC CDS Paper I English Syllabus 2018
|English||1. Fill in the Blanks|
3. Reading Comprehension
5. Error Spotting
6. Jumbled Sentences
7. Sentence Correction
8. Para Jumbles
UPSC CDS Paper I General Knowledge Syllabus 2018
|General Knowledge||1. Indian Culture|
2. International issues
3. History of India
4. Economic problems in India
5. Geography of India
6. National news (current)
7. Famous Places in India
8. Scientific observations
9. Political Science
10. Countries and Capitals
11. About India and it’s neighbouring countries
12. World organizations
UPSC CDS Paper I Elementary Mathematics Syllabus 2018
|Arithmetic||1. Number System Natural numbers, Integers, Rational, and Real numbers. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions.|
2. Unitary method: Time and Distance, Time and Work, Percentages, Simple and Compound interest, profit and loss, Ratio and proportion, variation.
3. Elementary Number Theory – Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility. Multiples and factors. Euclidean algorithm.
UPSC CDS Paper I Algebra Syllabus 2018
|Algebra||1. Theory of polynomials|
2. Simple factors.
3. Remainder Theorem.
4. Basic Operations.
5. H.C.F., L.C.M.
6. Quadratic equations.
UPSC CDS Paper I Trigonometry Syllabus 2018
|Trigonometry||1. Use of trigonometric tables|
2. Trigonometric identities.
3. Heights and distances.
UPSC CDS Paper I Geometry Syllabus 2018
|Geometry||1. Topics covered in UPSC CDS Syllabus are as follows:|
2. Parallel lines.
3. Lines and angles.
4. Planes Theorems.
5. Properties of angles at a point.
UPSC CDS Paper I Menstruation Syllabus 2018
|Menstruation||1. Lateral surface|
2. Surface area.
UPSC CDS Paper I Statistics Syllabus 2018
|Statistics||1. Tabulation of statistical data|
2. Graphical representation frequency polygons
4. Pie charts
6. Bar charts
UPSC CDS Paper II Syllabus
UPSC CDS Paper II English Language Syllabus 2018
|English Language||1. The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.|
UPSC CDS Paper II General Knowledge Syllabus 2018
|General Knowledge||2. Topics covered in UPSC CDS Syllabus: General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.|
3. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
UPSC CDS Paper Pattern
- CDS Exam Pattern for Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
- There will be three sections in CDS exam
- The duration of exam is of 6 hours
- This is an Objective Type exam. Each question will have 4 options where only 1 option will be exact.
- There is 1/3 negative marking for the incorrect answer and 1 mark is awarded for each correct option.
|Subjects Details||No of Marks||No of Ques||Exam Duration|
|English Language||100||100 Q||2 Hrs|
|General Knowledge||100||100 Q||2 Hrs|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||100 Q||2 Hrs|
CDS Exam Pattern For to Officers’ Training Academy
- This examination will be as pen paper based.
- There will be two sections for CDS II exam.
- Time limit of the exam is 4 hours.
- Objective Type Questions will be available in CDS I Examination. Each question will have 4 options where only 1 option will be correct.
- Union PSC Combined Defense Services is conducted with 200 questions.
- There is 1/3 negative marking for each incorrect answer and +0.8 mark is awarded for each correct option.
|Subjects Details||No of Marks||No of Ques||Exam Duration|
|English Language||100||100 Q||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge||100||100 Q||2 Hours|
UPSC CDS Preparation Books
- CDS exam books – CDSE Pathfinder by Arihant
- Chapter wise-Section wise Solved Papers CDS exam books by Arihant
- Objective General English (English) 01 Edition Author: R. S. Aggarwal
- Manorama Yearbook 2017 (English) Author: Mathew M
- CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam (English) by RP DATASON – CDS exam books
- Mathematics for CDS by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations paperback – 2017 By R.S. Aggarwal
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in